what is “the new normal”?
i’ve designed this blog to share my thoughts with you about living the christian life in the new normal..
i believe that it should be NORMAL for every believer to read the bible..it is usually the megaphone that God uses when we ask, “i wonder what i should do in this situation”…
i believe that it should be NORMAL for every believer to spend their day in conversation with their creator..yeah..prayer..just simple conversation..a dialogue..we share..we listen..He speaks..
i believe that it should be NORMAL for every believer to be in an accountability relationship where someone is constantly challenging them to walk the walk, to grow deeper, and asking the “hard” questions that compel us to live out our faith daily..
i believe that it should be NORMAL for every believer to be leading another younger (in faith) believer through discipleship, accountability and mentoring..
i believe that it should be NORMAL for every believer to share their faith and continue this REVOLUTION started 2000 years ago..
My name is Trey Bailey.
I’m a believer who is struggling to live in a NEW NORMAL.
- raised in a small conservative southern baptist church..
- went from knowing everyone in my small town to a nobody at a large university..
- spent some years soul searching and rebelling against “organized” religion..
- fronted a “positive rock band“..
- married my high school sweetheart..
- settled down..
- joined the staff of a small growing non-denominational Purpose-Driven church leading worship..
- watched God do amazing things..
- left ministry for corporate leadership role..
- became a father (three girls, two are twins)..
- now find myself back on staff at the not-so-small-and-still-growing-non-denominational church..
- (the rest remains to be written)…..
I try to post 3-5 times a week.
I currently run two special weekly posts called:
The Saturday Poll: where I ask a church, faith, leadership question and ask you to weigh in..
and The Sunday Funnies: where I post something that has made me laugh that week.
You can check out those posts above or click on any of the Top Posts in the right hand column to get a taste for my writing, style, and content.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
In the right hand column, underneath my mug shot, you can click any of the icons and connect with me.
But I’m most intersted in hearing what YOU have to say about living in the New Normal..so please take a second and subscribe to the new posts by entering your email address in the box at the bottom of the page, or if you’re into the RSS feed thingee, then click the big orange RSS icon at the top of the page. Email folks to the bottom..RSS dudes to the top.
And make sure you leave comments on each blog. That’s why I’m here..to HEAR what YOU have to say about living in the New Normal. Let’s talk!
Thanks for stopping by..