God Whispered // Let It Be
[Associate Pastor, Greg Miller, ECC Covington Campus]
In the beginning God created.. (Genesis 1:1 NLT)
When I look at creation, I can trust that god is in control.
- God is the creator of everything.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. (Genesis 1:1, 2 NLT)
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. (Psalms 19:1 NLT)
- Sunset on the horizon
- Mountains rising thousands of feet out of the earth
- Blue sky & white pillowy clouds
- Stars in a vast night sky
- There are millions upon millions of galaxies in the universe..
- And God is BIGGER than all of his creation.
God is huge.
God is awesome.
God is brilliant.
God is mysterious.
- God is the sustainer of everything.
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. (Colossians 1:15-17 NLT)
- God holds it all together.
- He has created the entire universe for us.
- And He sustains it all so that we would give Him glory.
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. (John 1:1-4 NLT)
If you are feeling like your life is spinning out of control..don't lose hope, God is still in control. If we lean on and trust in Him, He will sustain us.
- God wants me to trust Him with everything.
If He IS the creator of all of this, and if He IS sustaining all of this..then I MUST trust Him.
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? (Matthew 6:25-30 NLT)
When Jesus encourages us to have more faith, he points to creation: birds..and even wild flowers.
- God has creates masterpieces.
- We are His creation.
- So, don't lose heart.
- Nothing can separate you from your creator through Christ Jesus.
When I look at creation, I can trust that God is in control.
- Spend some time outside praising God for his creation.
- Start trusting God in the area of _______________.
- Invite 3 people to meet our awesome God.