- David hears of an injustice..
- he asks God if he should intervene (prayer..ask God everything)..
- God affirms that David should act..
- David seeks the opinion of the men that will fight with him (always good to get some “buy-in” from the guys holding the swords)..
- they are fearful and do not want to fight (men!?! pfft)..
- David goes back to God in prayer to ask for confirmation (maybe he heard Him wrong the first time)..
- God again affirms that He wants David to fight for what is right (God working through man..I don’t understand His ways here, but I trust He knows what He’s doing using us fallible folk)..
- God promises David victory..
- David obeys (it’s that easy, huh!?!)..
- God uses David and his reluctant men to end the injustice (good triumphs over evil)..
AND ALL OF THAT HAPPENS IN JUST THE FIRST FIVE VERSES OF 1 SAMUEL 23…..
So, how do you end injustice?
prayer, prayer, and action/obedience..
Ok..let’s get busy..