I honestly don’t know how many fathers read this blog. I am hoping there are a few that read and share my sentiments. But whether you are a father or mother, son or daughter, I think you can walk away with some truths here. I hope that that the “Father” correlation is obvious. Only after becoming a father myself have I truly been able to realize and appreciate what my heavenly Father must feel and go through with me.
Check out this list of observations and please add to the list in the comments section:
- I love my children..and yes..I know all their faults..but it doesn’t change how I feel about them.
- I love to hear my kids call my name, “Daddy!”
- It warms my heart to see Anna Beth imitate me and it melts my heart when I hear her say, “Daddy, I want to be just like you when I grow up.”
- Sometimes I have to discipline my children when they disobey, but I NEVER stop loving them.
- I love to watch Kristen and Kaitlyn share with others.
- When one of my children gets hurt..I run to them..pick them up..hug them tightly..and comfort them. I rarely make the comment, “You deserved that!” (especially when the wound is still fresh).
- I don’t always give my kids what they want..because, truthfully, I DO know what’s best for them right now.
- I don’t force my children to love me or hug me if they don’t “feel” like it. But it does still hurt my feelings a little.
- It means more to me when my children hug me and tell me they love me when they do so without me prompting it.
- It means the most when I can tell they mean it.
- I LOVE when my girls sing to me..no matter how bad it may really sound to others.
- Sometimes I protect Kaitlyn, Kristen and Anna Beth from failure. Sometimes I let them experience failure, only when I think they will learn from it (but this is never an easy thing to standby and watch, as a father.)
- Lastly, there is NOTHING that my children can do to me or say about me that would change my mind about them. They are part of me and I will always love them. They may one day separate themselves from me, but I will never stop chasing after them. My love for them is inexplicable, untamable, indescribable, incomparable and all-encompassing.
- I will love them, forever.
[Did I miss anything? Is there something you would like to add?]